viernes, 26 de agosto de 2011

My Last Week at Building Teacher Skills through the Interactive Web course.

Thursday, August 25th, 2011.

WEEK 10

Technology is more relevant every day in people’s life because of its fast increase and social impact with a number of different advances and, these advances open possibilities of innovation in the educative area too. Therefore, it is necessary to rethink in the teaching – learning processes and to promote the permanent updating on them around technological resources.

 

Building Teacher Skills through the Interactive Web course is coming to the end.  Thank you very much to everyone who made it possible I can be part of this nice experience. 

 

This is a great opportunity for any teacher whose desire is to get better.  Education needs to change, we cannot continue teaching in the same traditional way, technology is all around us and we cannot stay apart. Our students belong to the technological era and we need to learn about it. Then, our role is to use effective technological tools and resources in the classrooms which are basic characteristics of 21st Century teaching and learning.

 


This is a unique occasion everyone should improve.  It really deserves time to surf in the wonderful range of possibilities this web course offers and the tutors are very nice, especially Donna.

After a year of applying these new tools, I hope to be in Level 4b – (Integration: Routine), based on “LoTi” (Levels of Teaching Innovation), where students are fully engaged in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources such as: web quests, bloggers, delicious, interactive power point, Nicenet discussions, virtual classes and online assessment, where the teacher is promoting an inquiry-based model of teaching that involves students applying their learning to the real world.

All the topics presented in this course were really interested, but considering the short time which is assigned for English class in my University (this is two classes a week) I will only apply the tools I considered more important.

All in all we have had a very good on line course, I hope the best for the new participants and I look forward to put in practice and share what I have learnt.


 

Greetings,

Monica E. Vaca Cardenas

 

4 comentarios:

  1. Dear Monica,

    Thank you for the comment on my blog.
    As I read your blog, I agree all the topics presented in this course were interesting.
    I hope everything will go well in your teaching with technology and enhance your students' active learning.

    Best,

    Tomoko

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Dear Monica,

    I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you these past 10 weeks. It has been a delight, and I am sure that your fellow participants appreciate all the comments and discussions you have offered them. I wish you the very, very best in all you do, and I am convinced that you will realize all your goals.

    Donna

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Dear Monica,

    I have created a Facebook group for the participants of this course. Please join to stay in touch.

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/129969567099977/

    Best,
    Akifa

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Teachers who wish to be the best in their work of teaching and want to put aside traditional education must dare to change and learn to use new technologies for teaching that are now essential and effective tools for students relate to real world issues ...

    Att: Veronica Herrera (7° "1" Commercial)

    ResponderEliminar