jueves, 18 de agosto de 2011

Learning Styles


Thursday, August 18, 2011
Week 9

Using learning styles in our learning process provide better learning opportunities. They give fresh direction to alternative teaching, because students will learn better when using preferences in which they're successful and they will be better learners when they can expand their preferences. As teachers we need to identify not only student’s needs and interests, but also students learning styles for multiple intelligences, there are many classifications, so I think we should identify the most common. 
Technology can be used to facilitate learning in each intelligence area. There is no "right way" to integrate intelligences or technology into the classroom. The key is to provide the most effective learning environment for students.
In my opinion it is important to help learners to explore all the multiple intelligences.  And the resources we can find using technology are incredible, but demand a hard work from the teacher.  It is a challenge we have.
"Teachers bring enthusiasm and varied teaching and assessing approaches to the classroom, addressing different student needs and ensuring sound learning opportunities for every student"


During these weeks I have learnt a lot and I still have so much to learn in order to provide my students a better learning process.  My goal is that my students learn to learn. 

Thank you very much to Donna and all e-friends for sharing with me these weeks full of friendship, love and knowledge.  My desire is to put in practice what I have learnt and share the little I know with others.

Best wishes,
Monica Vaca Cardenas

7 comentarios:

  1. Dear Monica,

    I totally agree with you. Learning styles and multiple intelligences can be used in our teaching practice in order to expand students’ opportunities to learn. As you said, we don’t have the right way to use technology and multiple intelligences when we teach, so what is important for us to think about how to maximize tools and framework that are available to us. Finally, I have the same goal as yours: let my students learn how to learn!

    Best regards,

    Makiko

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Dear Monica,

    I enjoyed reading your blog.As you mentioned, I would like to find better teaching to facilitate the students to learn in terms of learning styles. Technology can be used to enhance their various intelligences.

    Best,

    Tomoko

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Dear Monica,
    I agree with you it is essencial that students know how they learn. It means they realize what kind of intelligence and learning style they have. This is all part of the previous discussion on autonomous learning as well.
    Best regards,
    Malu

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Monica,
    I like your post.

    It is true that using learning styles in our learning process provide better learning opportunities and the key is to provide the most effective learning environment for students.

    We, teachers have to work hard. indeed! but it's worth it right? I believe, if we know our students better, it won't take much time for us to share with them.

    Best regards,
    Meita

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Monica

    I think the same way you do. We all do things better when we like them, and students surely do.

    Addressing their preferences in lesson plan design is a real challenging work.

    Luckily, technology helps us in such way. We just need to -as you say- identify their needs, interests and learning styles according to the concept of Multiple Intelligences.

    Regards

    Dalton

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Learning is a importar things in live, and whuen they are really motivated to learn they will develope the diferent multiple intelligences, but it not only depends on the students, it depends in a huge part on the teacher,, the way he help them to develope this.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think we as students must begin to have a love for English and be aware that it is a tool to grow as professionals and to have more chances of success. For me, learning the language is motivational and I am strengthening my knowledge previously acquired

    ResponderEliminar